How Does Radon Gas Impact Pets?
It is a well-known fact that radon can affect you and your family, but did you know that radon is more dangerous for cats and dogs? It's true because pets spend more time in the basement then their owners. Our pets can easily breathe in the decaying particles of radon gas, which leads to lung cancer. The most interesting thing about radon is that it is invisible, odorless, and tasteless which keeps it out of sight and mind too. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) suggests that homeowners should hire qualified professionals like Albany, NY home inspection to test for radon before buying or selling a home.
How Radon Impacts Pets
Your pets are more exposed to radon gas, as they stay at home while you are away for work and kids are out for school. The pets are exposed to the radioactive particles of radon for an extended period of time, which results in lung cancer. Usually, radon builds up in the underground pockets before sneaking into the crawlspaces and basement through the foundation cracks and existing openings. If you find out that, your pet is feverish, have a hard time breathing in, and not eating enough then it might be possible that your pet is suffering from cancer. If your pet is showing these symptoms then it is important to test your home for radon by yourself or contact an experienced home inspection company like Albany, NY, home inspection to protect you and your family.
Your pets will not show any above-mentioned symptoms of illness until the disease gets severe. They will show you the symptoms when the cancer is in the final stage, and that will be very late. However, treatment is possible through an oncologist, if discovered in the early stages. Testing your home for radon gas is something that should be done as soon as possible, so don’t wait any longer and contact Albany, NY home inspection, our experts are dedicated to providing you the best results.