What are the Causes of Radon in Homes?
Before buying a new home every buyer have to make sure that, the air you breathe is clean and healthy. Radon is a radioactive gas,which is released by uranium ore,which mostly presents in rocks such as granite. In all the fifty states of the U.S., the radon gas emission can be found in soils. A higher level of radon gas can be found in your home too and therefore, the Albany, NY home inspection company recommends testing for radon emission with every home inspection. As radon poses natural existence in the ground, it can release dangerous gas into your home; in fact, this is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the world. The different cause of radon in homes are rocks, cracks, and soils.
The small stones and rocks beneath your home contain traces of radioactive materials that transform into radon. The radon in the stones and rocks can be released through the gaps and cracks found in your home. Our Albany, NY home inspector will test and inspect your home for radon in order to keep you and your loved ones safe and healthy.
As the rocks beneath your home contain radioactive elements, building a basement in your house is concerning. Radon gas can be released through the smallest floor and walls cracks of the basement. The Albany, NY home inspection team can easily check the basement of your home for the potential threat of radon gas.
Gaps and Cracks
The cracks and gaps in the cement foundation around the pipes and flooring can offer easy access to radon gas into your home. The Albany, NY home inspector can fill those cracks and gaps with a DIY solution to limit the radon access.
It is recommended to allow a certified company like Albany, NY home inspections for radon testing and mitigation purposes before buying a new house to breathe in healthy air.
The Author Kevin Maxwell is the owner and operator of Maxwell Home Inspection Services, LLC. Kevin Maxwell is a certified Home Inspector located in Albany NY that has performed over 6000 Inspections Book online Phone: 1-800-598-4754