How to Deal With Sparking Plugs.
Have you ever experienced a burst of sparks when you plug something into the electrical outlet? Sparking usually occurs when we unplug any appliance before turning them off. The expert electricians’ of the Albany, NY, home inspection suggest to switching off the appliance before unplugging it. Some of the sparking’s are very normal but if it is happening regularly then it is indicating a serious problem. Electricity is hot, fast, and powerful, when you insert a plug, it can cause a spark until the electrons start flowing freely. The expert electricians of the Albany, NY, home inspections also identify three potential reasons that can cause sparking in the outlet.
Water: It is important to know that electricity and water are not friends and when they come in contact, they create serious disruption. If for any reason, water sneaks up into the outlet, it can cause either a serious spark or any other dangerous electrical issue. It is important to install a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) that can cut the supply of power if it detects water in the outlet.
Short Circuit: One of the most common reasons behind sparking is the short circuit. Short circuit creates heat, which can melt the insulation and the electrons can cause sparks in the outlet. A short circuit can lead to fire, so it is best to call a professional electrician of the Albany, NY home inspections to defuse the situation.
Old Wiring: If the electrical outlets are old, they can become worn, loose and outdated. These old outlets can easily create a spark so, it is important to update the wiring to prevent any other serious issue.
The best way to deal with this problem is by contacting a professional electrician from the Albany, NY, home inspection to diagnose and repair the issue.
The Author Kevin Maxwell is the owner and operator of Maxwell Home Inspection Services, LLC. Kevin Maxwell is a certified Home Inspector located in Albany NY that has performed over 6000 Inspections Book online Phone: 1-800-598-4754