How much does a sewer scope inspection cost?
There are many people out there who are looking for a sewer scope inspection, which is also known as a sewer snake or a sewer camera inspection. And people have different reasons for calling out a professional for it.
It is also true that many companies offer free sewer scope inspections for the following reasons:
1. It may be sound like that: “We can easily clean your sewer line and then will prove you by sending the sewer camera down the line to show our great work.”
The only problem here is, if people can’t trust them to clean it correctly, then why did they hire them to begin with.
2. Most profit-oriented companies always know that many homeowners do not know about their sewer line and they can easily tell them there is something wrong with the sewer line. When they offer a sewer scope inspection for free, they are looking to earn more profit with the help of your lack of understanding.
3. They don’t even give you the recording of your sewer without a charge which shows their intention.
Few Important Tips
· Ask their Price First: If they send an employee out first to quote you, it is they likely be charges a service call charge, or the employee will try to sell you the service typically at a higher price.
· Ask them about the Recording: It is important to ask them about the copy of the recording at the quoted price. Some companies offer the sewer scope inspection service for a low cost and then charge higher for the recording.
· Learn to Say No: Don’t take any pressure to say no when needed. You have a right to say your opinion. If you are not satisfied with the price range say no to them directly.
The Author Kevin Maxwell is the owner and operator of Maxwell Home Inspection Services, LLC. Kevin Maxwell is a certified Home Inspector located in Albany NY that has performed over 6000 Inspections.