How Does Radon in Your Home Affect Your Health?
Radon is a naturally emitted radioactive gas, which can be found all over the United States. Radon has no color, odor, or taste and it comes from the radioactive decay of uranium present in rock, soil, and groundwater.The presence of gas in the soil is known as the most significant source of residential radon as it releases from the soil and becomes part of the water and air. Even though it is natural gas but it can be very toxic if you breathe it in over a long period of time. The Albany, NY home inspection professionals recommend testing your home for radon to keep you and your family safe.
How it Affect Your Health?
After breathing radon over a long time, it sneaks into the lining of the lungs and causes radiation. This radiation rays damage the cells over time and cause lung cancer. It is important to know that radon gas is the second biggest cause of lung cancer after cigarette and cigar smoking all over the world. Radon will not hurt or show symptoms right away; instead, health problems from the exposure show up after many years. If you feel the presence of radon in your home, immediately contact Albany, NY home inspector to test your home for radon and help you in reducing the radon levels. There are no medical tests can tell you about the amount of radon in your body; even no treatment can help you to clear it from your body, so it is important to do radon testing through a certified home inspector.
It is never too late to provide healthy air to your family so don’t wait and contact Albany, NY home inspections who will perform both short and long term tests to ensure that your house is safe or not.
The Author Kevin Maxwell is the owner and operator of Maxwell Home Inspection Services, LLC. Kevin Maxwell is a certified Home Inspector located in Albany NY that has performed over 6000 Inspections Book online Phone: 1-800-598-4754